Sunday, July 31, 2011

Day 27 of 33

In a week's time, I will be home!

We had a funny day today, because The Globe was holding its semi-annual gala tonight for fund-raisers. We had rehearsal in the afternoon but no show. Nobody in the cast or company was invited to the gala because I guess we didn't make enough money.

It certainly looked pretty spiffy out on the courtyard.

I went in early this morning to finally get a look in the Botanical building, which had interested me for weeks. It was a cool building and worth my 15 minute walk, but probably not a whole lot more. One of the coolest plants I saw in there was a Staghorn fern from Austalia, which they had just growing out of the wall. This was my favorite one because it was huge and seemed like a mustachioed Texan. I thought it was going to start talking to me and quizzing me on the stats of the Dallas Cowboys.

We had our short rehearsal where we got a chance to work through some things. So much of what we rehearse now is dependent upon reactions in the preview performances, so it was a relaxed day. Tomorrow we come back for some more rehearsal and then our second preview.

John, the playwright, decided he was going to a Padres game tonight and invited me along. As an aspiring director, I figure it is always smart to hang out with successful playwrights and I gladly accepted. I find it funny that, even though baseball is my least favorite professional sport, I have been to more professional baseball games than any other sport combined. I made my way back to Petco park, loaded up another hot dog, and tried to figure out why sober people would enjoy the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment