Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 26 of 33

Thanks for the well-wishes tonight! It was our first preview, which is not quite the same as opening, but exciting none-the-less.

It went very well.

It was exciting standing out in the plaza, since all the Globe shows started at the same time and all the patrons come together outside, grabbing snacks and drinks.

I met the director and we headed in to our assigned seats. I peeked in the program and there it is, my name! I know it's not that big of a deal, but hey, it's something.

The preview went very well tonight. We have been dissecting the play and delving into the characters and motivations over the past couple of weeks. To be honest, I was afraid we may have been avoiding some of the pure humor of the play. However, the audience tonight not only laughed in all the right places, but gasped, booed and listened in all the right places. It seemed like a very promising preview performance and I look forward to what we learn from this.

In case you were wondering, this is what you should look out for if you ever attend a preview performance. This is my setup for taking all the notes during the performance. If you see this at show, look next to the person holding it and you are probably seeing the director.

It turns out that tonight was also the Opening Night for the next Hershey Felder show, where we portrays Leonard Bernstein. After our notes session, I went with the director and designers to the opening night party. None of us had seen the show, but we figured we could gran some free food and drink. I was glad to have this opportunity because most nights the director and designers go out to dinner together between the afternoon and evening rehearsal, but I really can't afford to go. They seem to know each other through connections at Yale, so I would like to build some relationships there. Also, the free food and drink never hurts. The company manager tried to pass it off on me, but I can only carry so much while riding a bicycle.

Tomorrow we only have rehearsal because The Globe has their Gala for donors in the evening. Supposedly there is a karaoke party somewhere, so perhaps I will make my way to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment