Friday, July 8, 2011

Day 5 of 33


Another great day. Started off hitting another museum, called the Mingei international museum. I saw their exhibit on Maneki Neko, also known as the little cat tchotchkies that sit on the counter of every Chinese and Japanese Restaurant. Since it just seemed like I was surrounded by a bunch of cats at dinner time, I found it very unsettling. The highlight was an exhibit of contemporary art by Native Americans, which I found fantastic.

We had another great day of rehearsal as we put the show on its feet. I think it will be very funny.

I met with Henry, the director, tonight after rehearsal for drinks and to chat. It provided more great insight and a little but of confidence that you CAN survive as a director in theater.

Somehow it feels as if I didn't get enough done today, but there is always tomorrow I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment