Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Day 23 of 33

More technical rehearsals today.

We had a 10 out of 12 today, which means we can work 10 hours of a 12 hour period (we took a 2 hour dinner). In that time, we managed to finish teching the show, including a very complicated scene in Act 2.

I often find myself in one of two working conditions in the theatre:
1. I am given meticulous details on what to do, to the point where I feel as if nobody trusts me to do anything myself.
2. I am given almost nothing to do, to the point where I worry I'm not doing something that everyone expects I should be doing.
In this case, I find myself in the latter. I am mostly left to my own devices, with the exception of occasionally jotting down a note. Perhaps I should volunteer more ideas, but I don't want to interrupt or go beyond my bounds. Also, I find it very interesting just to take everything in. I figure nobody can be too upset with me, since they aren't really paying me anything, but I wish I could actually make some impressions.

Well... another 10 hours tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment