Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 31 of 33

Oh man, we're getting close.

Rehearsal was cut to basically a half hour notes session this afternoon. I spent most of my morning updating this blog.

I had to go to the bank before rehearsal and I had a choice of two routes. I am on the north side of the park and the bank is on the west side. Either I could skirt the park by heading west and then south, or I could cut through the park by heading south and then west past the theater. INSTEAD, I decided there must be a path heading southwest..

Well, there was a path. I just had to ride my bike through a canyon to get through it. Let's just say it went about as well as every other time I try to ride my bike through a canyon.

After rehearsal, I headed back to the Spanish Art Village. I went here my first day in town, but that was July 4 and there was not much going on. Today all the shops and studios were open. It was a cool place because many of the artists actually do their work there and much of the art gets a very SoCal flair. The artists here also seem to have a thing for blown glass. Almost all the sculptures, jewelry and other small objects were made of blown glass designs. I may or may not have bought someone a gift here.

The show tonight was solid. Henry even admitted to me that he was contemplating leaving early to get back to his family since the show was done. However, watching the show one more time gave him some more ideas and we'll still meet up briefly one more time tomorrow afternoon. Again, I can do nothing but admire Henry's ability to pay such close attention. At this point, I find my mind wanders to almost any other thing while watching the show and I cannot come up the the nuanced notes that he does.

By the way, I thought this was a cool image. All three stages share the same green room, so they have monitors up that show all three shows going on. Technology is cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment