Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day 30 of 33

Back to work today. We had a weird schedule because of the gala on Saturday night, which really threw off the rhythm of the performances. There really is nothing wrong with the show, but we did a full tech run this afternoon just to get back in the groove. Henry talks a lot about the actors listening to each other, and you can definitely tell the difference when they are and when they are not.

Even so, we broke early and I had a nice big break before the show that night. I tried to get things done at home. I'm realizing how much I will need to get done so I can get out of here on Saturday. First order of business - fix my suitcase. Remember the terrible time I had getting out here because of the stupid handle? I did not want a repeat of that. Fortunately, I'm pretty handy. Item 1 taken care of.

Next order of business - laundry. I had been thinking I would just wear dirty clothes until I got home, but I realized it's actually a lot cheaper to laundry in San Diego than in New York. So I am coming home with a bag full of clean laundry. Item 2 - Check

Finally, I need to eat the rest of my food. I was close to my luggage weight limit on the way out, so I can't afford to be bringing food home. I got together everything I had and whipped up some meals for the next couple of days. In the front we have stuffed peppers, stuffed with whatever I could not throw in to the stir fry in the back. De-lish. Item 3 check.

Speaking of luggage weight limits - I have been thinking it may not be worth my bringing home my sneakers. They weren't in great shape when I came out, but I certainly put them to the test out here. Apparently the white shoes (used to be white) were not built for bicycle riding and during my extended trips the toes started to fall off. On the grey shoes, I have worn down the rubber sole so much that my socks have started to poke through the bottom. Goodbye, old friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment